Thursday, October 4, 2012

BAM!

Super excited! It's been a quiet couple of weeks in Phnom Penh. In the office Monday through Friday working, brainstorming, napping during the daily afternoon thunderstorms (aka afternoon flood).

All this time with no posts was not wasted, though!! A new volunteer Keisha is here at my placement and we have been working great together. She is a former news reporter from California and has excellent video editing skills. JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!

We used all of Vishnu and I's pictures and interviews from the village and put together an amazing video. The video raises awareness about land eviction in Cambodia and also zooms in on our village and how to help. We finally got a PayPal account set up and doing everything the organized, right way! Haha.

Lots of effort and editing went into this video. Please, check it out!
Care Packages for Cambodians!

Also, check out the donation website! We have a PayPal account set up and everything =)
YouCaring Page

So, really this time, I'm planning to go to Bangkok the middle of this month over the holiday here. And this Sunday I am going to some temples outside of the city. Some even older than Angkor Wat! It's crazy I've been here over 2 months and I've only been to Kompong Thom where the village is, and 3 nights in Vietnam. I need to get out of the city more, I'm running out of time! =( It's depressing thinking about it.

Anyway, I hope you guys watch the video and somewhat understand a little better what is going on here! Thanks again for keeping up with my trip =)

1 comment:

  1. Great - and it's not I's but "my" - "D" in English - you need to be blogging more often to keep your writing up! Happy you are going to get out a bit more ... only 52 more days before we see you again!
    Love, Granny

    ReplyDelete