Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ICC Trip

The start of my weekend was great. I went to dinner with some Khmer friends (I barely spend time with the other volunteers anymore now that Vishnu is gone). But Saturday started the worst pain in my throat ever. I did my research and self diagnosed myself with strep throat. Quick bike ride to the pharmacy and purchased a strip of 10 Amoxicillin pills for 75 cents (and no prescription). Crazy! By Tuesday morning I could eat something besides noodles again without pain. And now it's Wednesday and I'm feelin' good.

Sopheavy from ICC invited me (with literally 2 hours notice) to tag along with ICC's quarterly medical/build team trip. There are about 17 people here in their crew. Doctors, nurses, few handy men, and lots of helping hands. I love it. I'm super lucky to tag along with these people.

We are in the same province where my village is and 1/3 of us are building a house (house number 2 for me!) and the rest are running medical clinics in nearby villages.

I'll be here till Friday and then heading back to Phnom Penh with one of the project coordinators, Troy (in his ICC taxi, free for me!). It's all about connections in this country. Well, anywhere. And I'm definitely making them. Maybe a job like his is in my future, after school, if I play my cards right =)

PS I didn't go to Thailand. Just too rushed. And good thing because I got sick.

Okay, sitting down for dinner at ICC's orphanage and school Light of Hope. You should look them up. ICC is working wonders here.

Peace!

Oh! For those of you who have donated money for a family in my village, I promise I will start organizing a delivery trip beginning next week. Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment